Community Service Projects
Serving the Community for over 90 Years!
The Oregon City Lions Club is actively involved in several projects - and you can help too!
- Collecting Used Eye Glasses & Hearing Aids: Our service partners calibrate these, and then send them anywhere in the world where they can be of use. Think about having a collection box at your place of business, work, church, or favorite club.
- Sight Screening in the Oregon City Elementary Schools. Each year the Lions Club conducts the vision screenings for selected grades in all Oregon City elementary schools. Each year over 1700 students are screened and referrals are made for students not meeting the vision standards. This program is supported by many Lions Club and other community volunteers.
- Health Screening Days. Along with our work to help folks with eye glasses and hearing aids, we also occasionally staff a mobile health screening unit that offers free assessments of sight, hearing, and blood pressure along with associated health issues which collectively affect more than 50% of us.
- Fund raising so we can off-set the cost of professional eye and hearing tests in Oregon City, as well as new glasses or hearing aids to qualified members of the public. These funds allow us to do our service projects.
- Joining with other local service groups for "School Clean Up Days", tree planting at the Hopkins Tree Farm and Center, as well as being available to respond to emergencies both at home and abroad with money, materials and love.
Come along to any meeting to join us!
We love having fun while "We Serve!"